A Note of thanks

22 April 2016



Hello! Amy is hosting this week's PTI MIM Challenge and she's sharing tips on how to create the look of water colored brush lettering with stamped sentiments.
 
I stamped images from the newly released set Super Succulents in various shades of green onto a stitched cut panel by Simon Says Stamp. I chose a sentiment and coordinating die from Bold and Beautiful, another new release.
 
Amy made this technique look easy. I had a few problems and it looked way too messy. I was a bit shaky and I think if I used a larger sentiment the letters would of looked better. After several tries I decided just to watercolor the top part of the sentiment and call it a day.
 
Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful weekend!
 
Rema



-CHALLENGES-
 

5 comments

  1. Hehehe, Rema, shaky. We could SO stamp together! At least you had enough willpower left to actually make a real card :) Love this, love the colours, love those succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card- love your brush stroke lettering at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Rema! Love those succulents in the pretty greens. Also love what you did with your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your design, Rema, and no one really said you had to brush letter the entire word. At least you tackled the challenge, and did a super job. Love your two-toned succulents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you gave the challenge a try! I like the look of the watercoloring on just that top part! It's like a blue rainbow!

    ReplyDelete